Lately, I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of books I had on my TBR. I started to think about which books I really really really would read and which I probably won’t ever read. Let me take you along on my unhaul! I devided all the books I unhauled into different categories.
Books I impulsively bought because they were cheap
Basically books I came across in the thrift store or in second hand book stores, but probably won’t ever read.
- Miracle on 5th Avenue – Sarah Morgan
- I see London, I see France – Sarah Mlynowski
- Field Notes on Love – Jennifer E. Smith
- Life of Pi – Yann Martel
- The Keeper of Lost Things – Ruth Hogan
- Purple Hibiscus – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- De witte duif – Santa Montefiore
- P.S. I love you – Cecelia Ahern
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- The Haunted – Jessica Verday
Books I bought but don’t intend on reading
Oops, we all know when you’re so so sure you will read a book, but eventually it stays on your TBR for years and years without ever being read.
- The Spectacular Now – Tim Tharp
- Paper Towns – John Green
- Before I Let Go – Marieke Nijkamp
- Educated – Tara Westover
- Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer
- Into the water – Paula Hawkins
- The Princess and the Fangirl – Ashley Poston
- Suite Française – Irène Némirovsky
- Soul Tourists – Bernardine Evaristo
- What If It’s Us – Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera
Books I bought but don’t like the lay-out of (I’m that type of reader, help)
I strongly dislike books with a small letter size or with a huge amount of words on a page. It makes reading go slow for me and I just really don’t like that.
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
- Jane Eyre – Emily Brontë
- Quiet – Susan Cain
Books I have another edition of
Only one book on this list. I have the Divergent series in Dutch and also had it twice in English, so I decided to get rid of one of the English series I had.
- Divergent trilogy
I think the title says it all.
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
Books I read but don’t intend on rereading
Books I liked (or disliked), but didn’t like that much that I would read it again.
- No one is too small to make a difference – Greta Thunberg
- Zac & Mia – A.J. Betts
- The Friend – Sigrid Nunez
- Selp-helf – Miranda Sings
- Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher
- De buitenjongen – Paolo Cognetti
- Anything but typical – Nora Rayleigh Baskin
- The Night is Darkening Round Me – Emily Brontë
- Leon & Juliette – Annejet Van Der Zijl
- The One New Thing – Jos Pierce
- Rens: de lifestyle guide – Rens Kroes
- Five Feet Apart – Rachael Lippincott
- Dear Martin – Nic Stone
- Hoe je stopt met plastic – Will McCallum
- Letters to a young poet – Rainer Maria Rilke
So as you see I unhauled a big amount of books. I feel so much more at peace now knowing that all my TBR books fit on my TBR cart again. Because, yes, even my TBR cart was too small to fit all my TBR books on it.
Do you ever do a big book unhaul?